To conserve and enhance the rural character and landscape of the Parish, through sustainable, community-led development.
Our ‘Working’ Objectives
From the feedback to our first questionnaire our initial list of objectives are to;
- Conserve the rural character of the Parish.
- Protect the landscape, views & heritage that make the parish attractive to residents and visitors alike.
- Retain the separation between the discrete settlements within the Parish.
- Strive to ensure that any development does not have a detrimental affect on the community as a whole.
- Endeavour to limit any new housing to small clusters of dwellings to reflect the general character of the Parish.
In addition we will further seek to;
- Extend the existing and/or create new protected areas within the Parish.
- Retain & encourage our farming community – e.g by being sympathetic to diversification.
- Improve & enhance our existing amenities.
- Improve the maintenance of our roads & public spaces, particularly within the settlements.
We anticipate both the Vision & Objectives being revised & refined as the plan progresses.