Ashbury celebration of HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – Party on the Green 5 June 2022
Thank you to everyone who has come forward to offer their help on 5 June at our Jubilee Party on the Green. The event will start at 12.00 noon and go on during the afternoon. We still need people willing to take on the following:
1. Children’s games: Two more people each willing to help for at least one hour on 5 June; and to meet once in advance to plan and at 11.45 am on the day for a briefing.
2. Tug of War: One person to plan and deliver a tug of war competition, based on teams from areas of the parish, formed in advance; and other pick-up teams formed on the day.
3. Fun Run:
(1) One person to plan a Fun Run from White Horse Hill to the Village Green and organise a team of marshals on the day.
(2) Six marshals to help the organiser for one hour on 5 June.
4. Set-Up: A team to help set-up on the Green on the morning of 5 June from 9.30-11.30 am.
5. Jubilee Beacon: Jubilee beacons will be lit across the whole country on the evening of Thursday 2 June. A volunteer is needed to organise an Ashbury Beacon. For more information, see the following website: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/60bb599c70faee6f7ef0835c/t/621e93d4e8ce8f7baf889f87/1646171126633/Guide_To_Taking_Part_Online.pdf
6. Tea and cakes: An organiser and a team to run the tea stall. We already have quite a few offers of home baked cakes but need an organiser and helpers to work for an hour during the afternoon
7. Bar: We have organisers for this but need some helpers offering an hour during the afternoon
We hope our Jubilee Party on the Green can be truly inclusive for everyone in the village to enjoy. We would like the food at the party (a hog roast and pizza waggon are our current ideas), and the ice creams, tea, cakes etc to be free for all on the day or available at minimum cost. To achieve that we need to raise substantial funds in advance, c. £5,000. There will be a cash bar on the day, which will raise some money, but that is not going to be enough to cover the food and other costs (various entertainments).
If you feel able to help to subsidise the food for everyone at the party, including of course yourselves, there are two ways to donate. Please either contribute by BACS to Ashbury Village Hall’s special Jubilee account at Lloyds Bank, 30 13 35 a/c 76694868; or pop your donation into an envelope addressed to Ashbury Village Hall Jubilee Fund and post it through Jo Cholmeley’s door at Icklestone Cottage, High Street, Ashbury (Jo is our Ashbury Village Hall treasurer). Your gift will allow us to subsidise the food at the party, even if we don’t get enough to cover the costs in full.
Thank you on behalf of the whole parish for anything you can give.
Christopher Prentice – firstname.lastname@example.org
Maggie Simons – email@example.com