Welcome to Ashbury
Today it is surrounded by working farms and there are many lovely walks nearby for those so inclined, most of which afford spectacular views across the Vale of the White Horse. It is thus a perfect portal not only to an idyllic part of England but also to renowned heritage sites. Ashbury is a delightful place to visit and an even better place to live and work.
The Ashbury Website aims to provide interesting and useful information about this beautiful corner of Oxfordshire for everyone involved with our village and its environs – Kingstone Winslow, Idstone, Compton Beauchamp and Knighton. Also for visitors passing through. Browse through the pages to find out more about:
- Our Local Community: schools, churches, news, clubs and societies, Parish Council business and a calendar to remind you about upcoming events
- Hospitality: where to stay, eat and drink
- Local Attractions:what to see and do, a brief history of the area, plus a series of archives recording days gone by
- Amenities: contact numbers for police, doctors, dentists, banks, shopping centres, sports facilities and more, as well as information on transport and travel, and Council services
- Business Directory: contact information for local businesses and trades
Disclaimer:The information on this web site has been provided in good faith and whilst every effort has been made to check the data, the Parish Council will not accept liability or responsibility for any errors or misrepresentations.In addition, the Parish Council accepts no liability for any claims, loses, suits, liabilities, costs, judgements or expenses of any kind caused by the use of information, or as a result of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cease of trade by any company or individual herein named.
Copyright: The photographs used in this web site must not be reproduced without prior permission. Hover your mouse over each photograph to see copyright details.
Credits:A number of resources have been consulted during the development of this web site;these have been linked to the text directly (simply hover your mouse over highlighted words to visualize the links).If through oversight any relevant reference has been omitted please let us know by contacting email@example.com