Oxfordshire Community Bulk Oil Buying Scheme – ‘An oil scheme that cares!’
Our popular bulk oil buying syndicate has been running for over 10 years now and has the benefit of being based in your local community. With CFO behind it we can bring together communities in Oxfordshire to make the most of joint buying power. This leads to competitive fuel prices throughout the year irrespective of amount ordered.
Keeping it local – we operate the scheme through volunteer co-ordinators based in your local community, providing help, knowledge, and support, especially important for the more elderly and vulnerable. Ashbury co-ordinator :- Bill Leppard, contact email@example.com or 01793 710349.
What are the benefits?
- Simple Ordering Process – no more phoning around numerous suppliers, we do all that for you.
- Environmentally Friendly – one oil tanker delivery to numerous properties in your area
- Professional Fuel Buyers – we use the services of a fuel buying group AF Affinity, the UKs largest agricultural buying co-operative, who purchased over 8 million litres of fuel last year
- Fast Payment Option – payment to our oil buyers by direct debit the month following delivery
- Monthly Savings Plan – allowing you to spread the costs through the year.
- Savings on other products e.g. LPG and bottled gas.
- How does it work?
- A set schedule of oil ordering dates (fortnightly) is circulated and your local co-ordinator will contact you to check if you would like to place an order on this occasion, just reply back with how many litres you would like.
- Affinity will negotiate the best price from a range of local and national suppliers. We will advise you who the supplier is and the price per litre
- The oil will be delivered a maximum of 10 working days from order date, in accordance with your delivery instructions
What does it cost and how do I join?
The membership fee is £24.00 per year. This covers administration and contributes to the work of CFO, supporting communities in Oxfordshire to become strong, inclusive, and thriving.