- Local Sponsorship Scheme for Ukrainian Refugees Last updated 3 months ago.
Local Sponsorship Scheme for Ukrainian Refugees
With the Ukraine crisis worsening daily, Ashbury Parish Council are encouraging residents to take part in hosting/sponsoring refugees from Ukraine. Details of the scheme and how to register are listed below.
Key points of new scheme:
• Accommodation offered to refugees needs to be available for at least six months.
• Applications to host refugees will be made online and both hosts and refugees will be vetted. Home Office to check whether people offering up accommodation are in a position to provide that support.
• No cap on refugee numbers admitted through this scheme
• Sponsored Ukrainian refugees will have three years leave to remain in the UK and will be able to work, claim benefits and access public services during this period
• Hosts will be paid £350 a month as a ‘thank you’
• Local authority will be given £10,000 per refugee although £10,500 is also mentioned
• Additional payments to support school age children will be available.
How this works
This bespoke scheme will offer a route to those who want to come to the UK who have someone here willing to provide them with a home. It will enable individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to volunteer accommodation and provide a route to safety for Ukrainians, and their immediate family members, forced to escape their homeland.
Sponsors should provide accommodation for as long as they are able, but we have a minimum expectation of 6 months.
Someone is eligible for the scheme if they are a Ukrainian national or the immediate family member of a Ukrainian national, and were resident in Ukraine prior to 1 January 2022.
We will welcome as many arrivals as possible, based on the number of sponsors.
People arriving under this scheme will be able to:
• Live and work in the UK for up to three years
• Access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education, and English language tuition
I’m interested how do I register?
If you have a named person who you wish to sponsor you should get in contact with them directly and prepare to fill in a visa application with all their details and yours. The visa application will go live on Friday 18 March.
If you don’t know anyone who you wish to sponsor you may wish to get in touch with charities, faith groups or local community organisations who are starting to make connections between individuals.
Ashbury Parish Council are looking for volunteers, if you are interested in any of the three volunteer roles below, please contact the Clerk via email on email@example.com
- Vale News; Government support to upgrade your boiler to improve energy efficiency, reduce bills and cut emissions Last updated 4 days ago.
Vale News; Government support to upgrade your boiler to improve energy efficiency, reduce bills and cut emissions
Support to upgrade your boiler
The government has announced a new £450 million Boiler Upgrade Scheme to help improve the energy efficiency of homes, reduce energy bills and cut emissions in the long-term. The scheme is now open for people to apply for the following support when replacing their oil or gas boilers:
- £5,000 off the cost and installation of an air source heat pump
- £5,000 off the cost and installation of a biomass boiler
- £6,000 off the cost and installation of a ground source heat pump
Find out more about the scheme on the government’s website.
- Vale News: On Sunday 26 June there is an Energy Saving Fair at Oxford Town Hall - learn how to improve the efficiency of your home Last updated 4 days ago.
Vale News: On Sunday 26 June there is an Energy Saving Fair at Oxford Town Hall - learn how to improve the efficiency of your home
Find out about energy saving at home
On Sunday 26 June there is an Energy Saving Fair at Oxford Town Hall. The event, organised by Energy Saving Homes, is open to all and will feature suppliers, low carbon groups and more showcasing options for energy efficiency in the home.
There will be workshops throughout the day aimed at inspiring action, from the smallest measures to conserve energy and save money, to deep retrofits, including insulation, heat pumps, double/triple glazing, and solar panels.
For more information, please see the event flyer.
Download the latest newsletter:
Ashbury Village Hall
Ashbury Village Hall is available to book for private events, such as wedding receptions, birthdays, family gatherings, or group activities.
Ashbury Parish Council
The Parish Council meets every two months and the meetings are open to all. For more information see Parish Council.
The next meeting of the Parish Council is:
June 27th at 7pm in the Village Hall